In business, it is essential to develop means to target the correct audience. Companies unsure of their audiences spend money needlessly chasing potential clients that will never materialize. However, many companies have well-defined target markets, but take their eye off the ball when it come to proper execution of their marketing plans to ensure that their messages get to the right people and are placed into the proper context.
Minding My Own business, while certainly not a million dollar marketing message is no different. I began my entrance into the world of blogging, early this year as a promise to integrate social networking software into my professional life. MySpace was the first social network that I chose to explore, which was where I chose to post my blog due to the ease of posting.
However, it has increasingly become apparent to me that a professional business blog is ill placed on MySpace. A small business producing a product for a geographically niched product would never produce a Super Bowl ad because it reaches and creates costly, thin, and limited awareness in people who will never be able to utilize their product. While their is no capital expense to me for posting on MySpace, there is an expense in the manner by which MySpace is branded and targeted. The younger target of MySpace is out of sync with the message that I have been trying to disseminate through this blog. Therefore, beginning this Wednesday, July 18, I will close my blog on MySpace and migrate all my previous entries onto my new blog at Blogger.com. I feel that I have much better control over the image of my blog at this new location and hope that those of you have enjoyed my previous blog entries will find me at this new location.
Minding My Own Business is a blog written by Augustine Iacopelli. This blog consists of a mix of general business observations and contrarian positions on relevant topics as well my own forays in the world of business and networking.
No comments:
Post a Comment